Welcome to The Writing Coach. On this podcast, I speak with the instructors, editors, coaches, and mentors who help writers and authors create their art, build their audience, and sell their work.
In episode #85 of The Writing Coach podcast, I speak with Rachel Sentes of Gal Friday Publicity.
Rachel is a publicist and literary agent who specializes in working with authors and publishers from across Canada and in the United States. She prides herself on finding the right angle and the right media for projects in an easygoing, fun, but forthright manner, so that her clients get the goods on how the publicity business works, and how to make your next book launch campaign successful.
During our discussion, Rachel describes:
- How books were the first and most important gifts she received as a child
- The important role journaling has played in her life for the last 40 years (and why they must be burned upon her death!)
- How she ended up marrying a literary agent after a terrible first date
- What exactly a publicist does for a writer
- Who shouldn’t work with a publicist
- How her work as a publicist led to her becoming a literary agent
- And much more!