In episode #78 of The Writing Coach podcast, I speak with Lauren Sapala.
Lauren is the author of The INFJ Writer, a guide for sensitive intuitive writers, and Firefly Magic: Heart Powered Marketing for Highly Sensitive Writers, as well as The West Coast Trilogy, an autobiographical fiction series. She currently lives in San Francisco.
During our discussion, Lauren describes:
- Why she considers her coaching a form of healing work
- How the structure and energy of academia can often lead to overly critical writing instructors and teachers, and how the world of creativity and art differs completely
- Why she doesn't shy away from discussing her time dealing with alcoholism
- How self-publishing The INFJ Writer was such a pleasurable experience that she ceased seeking an agent for her fiction and started-indie publishing those books as well
- The way the Meyers-Briggs personality types have given her a greater understanding of her writing clients and how she can better help intuitive introverts achieve their artistic goals
- How transgressive fiction combines darkness with humour, and the challenges she has faced as a writer working in that genre
- And much more!
Click below to listen now: